Malawi Internet Service Providers' Association - MISPA
Malawi Internet Service Providers' Association - MISPA is an independent body and voluntary association acting in the interests of Internet Service providers in Malawi and generally dealing with matters related to the provision of Internet access in the African region.
MISPA's mission is to provide a non-profit forum in which Internet Service providers can address issues of common interest and interface with industry stakeholders so that end-users receive world-class service and industry participants earn a fair return on their investments.
Goals and Objective
- To provide industry perspective on policy formulation and regulation as it relates to the Internet industry and to act as an interface with Governmental bodies and the public at large.
- To develop industry procedures, mechanisms, policies, standards, and guidelines for effective and efficient operation of Internet-related services
- To promote the development of key Internet in Malawi.
- To provide and promote educational opportunities that will enhance and empower technical and policy understanding of the Internet.
- To build, maintain, and publish relevant industry data for Members and for the public
- Coordinate effort with other l Internet related associations
- To Promote policies and positions in the best interests of the members and represent these interest in relevant bodies.
- 2012, December 19 : MISPA meeting with MACRA on ISP levy Minutes available here
- 2012, November 21 : MISPA awarded Gold Category on Century International Quality Era Award, Geneva, Switzerland, see: Gold Award Notification Letter
- 2012, July 30 : Meeting between MACRA and MISPA, on request of MACRA - Minutes available here
- 2011, July 18-22 : Advanced Internet Routing Training Workskop - Announced
- 2011, July 18-22 Workshop Schedule
- 2011, July 18-22 Workshop Partipant List
- Workshop Application form
- 2011, June 14 : MISPA Members Meeting
- 2011, February : MISPA Meeting with RCIP-MW Feasibility Study Consultants - Scanbi-Invest